Sunday, December 22, 2013

IPSY Glam Bag: December 2013

When IPSY (formerly known as MyGlam) first started, I was super excited and joined. If you're unfamiliar with it, IPSY is a monthly beauty subscription where, for $10 a month, you receive 4-5 full size products or deluxe size samples, and is meant for subscribers to try new beauty products. A few months after signing up, I stopped subscribing as the products that I received were just not products that seemed worth it to buy and I was trying to cut down on my monthly bills.

However, recently, I've been really liking what they've been sending out subscribers were and wow, they seriously stepped up their game!


So I caved and became a subscriber again, haha. Here's what I received for December:


J. Cats Beauty - The Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose: I wore this today while out and about. Really like the color, but the colors do not stay. Ate a few light snacks and after four hours of having this lipstick on, the colors bled quite heavily. Ah, too bad. Value - $3.99

Mirabella - Eye Blender Brush: I haven't used this product yet but I do like the quality of the handle and the hair. Value - $27

Julie - Textured Nail Color: Another product I have yet to use, mainly because I'm keen on using holiday colors. I don't have any similar color to this and I'm excited to try it out. Value - $3.99

Be a Bombshell - The One Stick in Blue Crush: This is an all-in-one product that can be used on the lips, eyes, and cheeks. I do not like this product at all. The pigmentation is already very faint and if you try to blend, the product just disappears. Sadness. When it's put on the lips, it just looks like odd, as if you're on the set of a futuristic sci-fi movie.  Value - $16



POP Beauty - Bright up your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Smokin' Hot: I've never tried Pop Beauty and was excited to try. The pigmentation without a primer is okay - not the best, but it's pretty buildable. I don't normally use cold hues (especially when they sparkle) but I will probably have a use for the white eyeshadow, hehe. Value - $7.50


Ipsy Bag: The bag that the products came in is gorgeous - black triangle embossed with rich red lining. For me, this bag is the highlight of this month's package. ... is this a good thing? Haha.

All in all, this bag was juuust okay. A couple of products were a miss, a couple of products I haven't tried, and one product that I know I won't really use mainly because cold hues are just not my favorite colors to use. However, the Ipsy bag made it for me and so for the month of December, Ipsy gets a C+ for me.

5 comments :

  1. Oh wow, they really have killed it, especially with this pack! I've never subscribed to monthly beauty boxes, but this one is quite nice, and I've heard amazing things from the ones back home (Australia). Maybe I should check it out?

    www.lioninthewild.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Love that bubble wrap clutch! xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete